Modern White Quilt Bedding
Our rustic-modern white quilt is hand-stitched from six layers of cloth to create bedding that is minimal, rich, & unique for your bed.
- This quilted blanket is hand-crafted in Bangladesh by women who were previously trafficked into or otherwise engaged in formal or floating sex work (or at risk). Now, they are employed in work that brings dignity & livelihood. Read more...
- Made in the “kantha” tradition, with 6 layers of cloth: 2 interior layers of repurposed sari cloth, and 4 layers (2 on either side) of new, natural cotton. The white quilt features colored stitching in three shades with X stitching around the edge.
- Colored stitching in Red (Red outside, red/green/yellow kantha stitch) or Blue (Blue outer, blue/blue/green kantha stitch).
- We’ve called it “white” because that seemed like the best way to describe it (as compared to our other, colorful kantha blankets); in reality, it is an unbleached cotton that is very much “natural” in color. It would not match well with true white sheets, but rather, with a sheet set that is “natural”, “ivory”, or another color altogether.
- Machine washable! Recommended: cold wash & hang dry, or tumble on low.
Dimensions: King: 98" x 108" (250 x 275 cm), Queen: 95" x 95" (240 x 240 cm), Double: 85" x 85" (215 x 215 cm), Twin: 63" x 87" (160 x 220 cm)
"It's so, so stunning, and surprisingly heavy." Difficult to describe, but there is a substantial weight and warmth that is perfectly suited to quilted bedding.
Shipping for all orders >$60 within USA or Canada: $10
View full product details →