Sense Silk Blend Throw
- Kantha silk blend throw blankets are six layers of vintage saris, hand-stitched together by women in Bangladesh using a traditional kantha stitch.
- Made of a silk blend of reclaimed sari cloth: discarded by the producers for flaws, colour variation, outdated patterns, or was a remnant.
- Throws are half the length of a sari: approximately 2 m x 1 m (6'8" x 3'4")
- This kantha silk blend throw was stitched in approximately 23 hours or more (depending on experience)
- Handcrafted by women who were previously trafficked into or otherwise engaged in formal or floating sex work (or at risk), now employed in work that brings dignity & livelihood. Read more...
1 available like this.
This throw is approximately 3'4"x 6'8" feet (40 x 80 inches, 100 x 200cm)
|Mini Kantha||3'4" x 3'4"||Square|
|Classic Throw||3'4" x 6'8"||Long rectangle|
|Large Throw||6'8" x 6'8"||Square|
|Silk Blend Throw||3'4" x 6'8"||Long rectangle|
We recommend spot cleaning and dry cleaning for silk blend kantha throws.
We cannot guarantee results of machine washing for silk blend quilts; if you need a washable throw, consider a 100% machine-washable, cotton kantha throw instead.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping is a $10 flat rate for one or multiple silk blend throws.
Returns are welcomed within 90 days, but shipping costs will be your responsibility. See our FAQ page for more details.